VICA mast arms
What is VICA?
VICA portals, also known as traffic support structures (TSS), are placed over state, provincial and municipal roads to attach blue signage signs and traffic signalling devices onto them. AGMI’s VICA portals have a flexible size, this ensures that they always fit. Because the traffic portals are made out of aluminium, the oxidation process ensures natural protection. Painting or coating is unnecessary and is, therefore, also better for the environment. Our aluminium VICA portals are Cradle to Cradle certified.
Our VICA mast arm
VICA mast arms are easily applicable and can be extended from the masts length for up to 14 meters (which equals to 3 lanes and 1 emergency lane). In addition, you have an obstacle-free zone in the verge of the road; whereas portals do not offer this solution. This adds extra safety on the road. Both large and small blue road signs can be easily attached onto this particular mast. In many situations, mast arms are an ideal solution because of the flexibility, speed of delivery and costs.
- Flexible, the mast arm always fits because there is only one foundation and one upright needed in order to place it.
- The speed of delivery and placement, the foundation and construction are being produced at the same time. The placement of the mast arm happens in one go.
- Lower costs because the production and placement of the mast goes speedily. Therefore the costs are being minimized.
- Maintenance-free: corrosion protection through natural oxidation process of aluminium
- Cradle-to-Cradle certified
- Easy transport: the constructions are delivered in parts
- Very long technical life-span, 50 years
- There are several foundation possibilities
- Retractable steel ground tubes (standard)
- A concrete foundation will be poured on location
- Prefabricated concrete foundation without stake
- Prefabricated concrete foundation with stake
- Stakes that are driven onsite and a concrete foundation will be poured over it
- Basic material superstructure is aluminium
- Basic material substructure is steel or concrete
- Dimensions and sections are tuned per location
- Technical lifespan of 50 years