What is VICA?
VICA portals, also known as traffic support structures (TSS), are placed over state, provincial and municipal roads to attach blue signage signs and traffic signalling devices onto them. AGMI’s VICA portals have a flexible size, this ensures that they always fit. Because the traffic portals are made out of aluminium, the oxidation process ensures natural protection. Painting or coating is unnecessary and is, therefore, also better for the environment. Our aluminium VICA portals are Cradle to Cradle certified.
Our VICA T-masts
VICA T-masts are ideal for middle and/or outer verge locations and are used where no signage is required above the lanes. VICA aluminium T-masts are easy and quick to install due to the light weight and are ,therefore, a good alternative for steel masts. One of the main advantages is that aluminium T-masts require no maintenance.
- Safe product: strength calculations are approved by Rijkswaterstaat and comply with the Eurocodes.
- Maintenance-free: corrosion protection through natural oxidation process of aluminium
- Cradle-to-Cradle certified
- Easy transport: the constructions are delivered in parts
- Very long technical life-span, 50 years
- Cost-saving when it comes to the following: purchase, transport, installation, foundation and maintenance
- There are several foundation possibilities
- Retractable steel ground tubes (standard)
- A concrete foundation will be poured on location
- Prefabricated concrete foundation without stake
- Prefabricated concrete foundation with stake
- Stakes that are driven onsite and a concrete foundation will be poured over it
- Basic material superstructure is aluminium
- Basic material substructure is steel or concrete
- Dimensions and sections are tuned per location
- Technical lifespan of 50 years