What is VICA?
VICA portals, also known as traffic support structures (TSS), are placed over state, provincial and municipal roads to attach blue signage signs and traffic signalling devices onto them. AGMI’s VICA portals have a flexible size, this ensures that they always fit. Because the traffic portals are made out of aluminium, the oxidation process ensures natural protection. Painting or coating is unnecessary and is, therefore, also better for the environment. Our aluminium VICA portals are Cradle to Cradle certified.
- Safe product: strength calculations are approved by Rijkswaterstaat and comply with the Eurocodes.
- Maintenance-free: corrosion protection through natural oxidation process of aluminium
- Cradle-to-Cradle certified
- Easy transport: the constructions are delivered in parts
- Flexible dimensions
- Very long technical life-span, 50 years
- Cost-saving when it comes to the following: purchase, transport, installation, foundation and maintenance
- There are several foundation possibilities
- Retractable steel ground tubes (standard)
- A concrete foundation will be poured on location
- Prefabricated concrete foundation without stake
- Prefabricated concrete foundation with stake
- Stakes that are driven onsite and a concrete foundation will be poured over it
- Basic material superstructure is aluminium
- Basic material substructure is steel or concrete
- Dimensions and sections are tuned per location
- Technical lifespan of 50 years